- Load the event map into Avenza Maps:
- Run Avenza Maps
- In the app, click on the + (plus) sign then select “Download or import a map”
- Click on the globe icon with the http:// prompt and paste the link that you have just copied into the box.
The file will now be downloaded and processed for fast display. When it’s done, just click on the map name and event map will be displayed.
The event route is embedded in the map and is shown as a blue ribbon. There is no need to download any additional files to show the route. NOTE The file for each map is about 5MB, so you’ll need sufficient storage on your phone to accommodate it.
When the map is displayed, you can pan around by dragging your finger over the screen and zoom in or out by pinching or expanding your fingers on the screen. To go to where you are on the map, press the target circle on the top left (Android) or the arrow pointer (bottom left for iPhone or top right for iPad)
- If you having problems copying the URL using the long-press on the map image, make sure that you are viewing this web page on your mobile device. If you’re using a PC or laptop, you will still be able to download and view the map, but it will not be available on your mobile device.
- If you don’t see your location (and you know that you are within the bounds of the map), your GPS is probably not turned on for the application. Here’s how to fix it:
- On iOS (iPhone, iPad), go to Settings>Privacy>LocationServices then on the list of apps, make sure that PDFMaps has the “Always” setting enabled.
- On Android, make sure that Location Services are enabled.
- If all else fails and you need assistance to install Avenza Maps or loading the maps, please send a quick email to Graham Field and include a contact phone number.